If you use our service and are feeling worried about how Covid-19 will affect you and the service we provide please know that you are not alone and we are doing everything we can to help you stay safe and supported during this time.
Whilst our doors are temporarily closed to drop-in’s and group works and and face-to-face sessions have stopped unless it is a critical health need we have a great team of people working hard to give you support and ensure your prescription is continued and accessible for you. We are also providing support via telephone and online digital platforms.
If you would like to find out the most current information and advice about what actions the public are being advised to take please visit the government advice website
Support currently available at Visions;
- From July we have started to provide face-to-face appointments to individuals who maybe categorised as high risk (this includes clients who may not have prescribed medication too). These are currently appointment-only and we will be increasing the number of appointments available as the weeks progress.
- We have started to introduce more service-based interventions which includes the re-introduction of BBV testing and hepatitis B vaccinations which are being offered during pre-arranged face-to-face appointments.
- Needle exchange ordering line (orders placed over the phone, harm minimisation and overdose prevention advice provided) collected by service user at pre-booked time date and time or delivered to them if they are unable to come to the service.
- Structured and unstructured one-to-one support by telephone, or our private and secure online platform One Consultation.
- A range of online groups for anyone wanting support (this includes structured and unstructured group work as well as peer support sessions).
- Counselling using our secure online platforms.
- Wider offer of CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) based programmes such as Breaking Free Online and Silvercloud. These are structured online modules completed on an individual basis.
- Support for families, loved ones or carers or anyone affected by someone else’s use.
- Multi-professional online reviews enabling us to risk assess and joint care plan to ensure we support individuals fully.
DRUGS – If you would like information on how to stay safer whilst using drugs during Covid-19 please take a look at our leaflet.
ALCOHOL – If you are currently dependent on alcohol please view our advice leaflet on how you can stay safer during Covid-19
Please read if you have questions about prescriptions…
- If you are on a prescription from us, please be assured that this will continue
- How often you collect your medication from the pharmacy may change
- If you are taking home more medication than you would have previously, you need to have a naloxone kit. If you haven’t already got one, please speak to your key worker ASAP.
- You will need to ensure your medication is kept safe and locked away. This is especially important if you have any children in your home. If you do not have a lockable cupboard or box, ask your key worker for a lockable box.
- If you cannot get to the pharmacy because you are unwell or having to self-isolate, please get your ‘buddy’ to go for you. If you don’t have a buddy, we will help get your medication to you.
- If we deliver your medication to you, we will call you on the day to arrange a time. We will knock on the door/ring the doorbell and place your medication at the door. We will then take 2 large steps (2 meters) back and wait for you to open the door. We will not leave until we have seen you take your medication inside and close the door again. If you do not answer the door after we have made several attempts, we will have to return your medication to the pharmacy.
- If your medication has been on a planned reducing regime, we plan to stop this reduction until further notice to help you stay as stable as possible for now.
- Your usual clinical review appointments with your prescriber will now take place over the phone rather than face-to-face.
- Your medication is your responsibility. If you lose or break it or if it gets stolen, we cannot replace it.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your medication, please call your key worker or the service.