You can find our bespoke alcohol and drug service in Orsett Road (please don’t confuse us with the psychological wellbeing service ‘Inclusion Thurrock’ based at Thurrock Health Centre).
Our service is free and confidential to residents of Thurrock aged 18 and over affected by alcohol use. We aim to empower people struggling with their use of alcohol to identify and realise their goals throughout their recovery journey to a healthier lifestyle.
The most important thing we want you to know is that we are here for you.
- Emer, Visions Service Manager
Inclusion holds true to its name by the way we work with individuals who want help and support for their use fo alcohol. We understand the difficulty and effort it takes to reach out and ask for help, and that is why we will always do our utmost to support you to transition to a better place and keep you safe.
We are an NHS organisation, and have strong and robust structures in place to ensure our services are safe, effective and responding to your needs. The way we work has been developed with service users over many years and we are proud to be involved with people at what is often one of the most difficult times in their lives and to be able to support them to make positive changes.
Did we mention we work with you and involve you in your own plans of care? This means we listen to you. This may sound obvious, but we often receive feedback about our service users feeling heard and involved for the first time so we thought we’d mention it. It’s your life and we want to support you to live it in a way that makes you happy and safer with your decisions in mind.
We have a hub of activity with it’s own ‘cafe’ knows as Smithy’s cafe. Unfortunately the coronavirus pandemic has impacted on our ability for drop in’s but we have virtual drop ins available online and are seeing people on an appointment basis. This allows us to keep you and us safe. We also have a comprehensive online offer available which includes both one-to-one sessions and group work sessions. We know that the thought of using technology can we a little worrying for some, but please do not worry as we will talk you through each of the steps until you’re comfortable.
Whatever your need is – whether you are using a little or a lot – we will work with you to achieve your goals.
We have an experienced and friendly team waiting to help you here at Visions. Our team is made up of specialist staff including recovery workers, nurses, doctors, peer mentors and volunteers.
We aim to empower people struggling with addiction to identify and realise their goals throughout their recovery journey to a healthier lifestyle.
We have a wide range of options available to help you, and they will vary depending on your level of need. If you have recognised you have started drinking one too many too often we have a simple and effective range of support to meet your needs. Similarly if your drinking has become more frequent and you have developed a dependence to it we have a specific offer available to you which can help you to slowly and safely reduce your alcohol use whilst regaining control over your drinking or abstinence.
An example of what you can expect;
- An individual, personalised assessment at a level appropriate to your need.
- Advice and information specific to you and your level of need
- Specialist structured one-to-one support.
- Bespoke behaviour change workbooks
- Comprehensive structured group programme
- Links and sign posting to mutual aid
- Digital/online programmes SilverCloud and Breaking Free Online.
- Specialist group support.
- Medical support, including detoxification and replacement therapies is appropriate to your needs.
- Support with access to inpatient and residential services.
- Support to achieve abstinence or controlled drinking according to your goals and needs.
- Support to reduce harm, this includes a range of options for e.g. blood borne virus testing, health testing etc.
- Relapse prevention and management.
- Peer Support.
- Opportunities to get involved with shaping the service as peer mentor and volunteer.